Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

First priming

I had an adventure priming for the first time.  I'm using the Akzo spray epoxy.  Everybody says its basically bullet-proof, and that its what you use if you want the plane to last 100 years.  Hopefully someday my kids, and their kids (and maybe theirs) will enjoy this beast.

Don't have pics yet, but I wear basically a full hazmat setup with a supplied air hose dragging behind me. The epoxy has some nasty cancer-causing chemicals in it so you have to be careful.  The results:




Naturally, in my rush to figure out all this new stuff I forgot a piece.  Luckily I use disposable paint cups that go right in the gun (DeKups system) so I still had the previous day's mix laying around when I found this.  I just dipped a cue-tip in it and spread the epoxy around the part.  Turned out just like the others.




No comments:

Post a Comment