Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Finished Vertical Stab

Vertical Stabilizer skins went on pretty well I think.  Got pretty familiar with the bucking bar, and made some good use of the special bar from Cleveland.  You have to uncleco a corner of the skin and reach way up in there to get the rivets in the middle of the skins.

The first skin rivets:


You can see they sit nice and flush with the skin.  The whole point is to get a flat surface that doesn't disturb the airflow at 200mph.  Smooth = Fast.


Inside the stab.  You can see some marks from the long bucking bar in there.  Lesson learned - tape the damn bar.



I had an OH CRAP moment when I saw that one rivet wasn't filled in when I flipped the VS over after just having closed up one side.  Good thing I found it when I did though, was able to still get my arm in.


She's all done!  First part down in 37.2 hours of work.  Many more to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment