Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Fuselage Arrival

The Fuselage has arrived!  Van's called me about 9 weeks after ordering saying they have a windshield with a chip in the corner that shouldn't matter.  I didn't like it so told them I'd wait for a new one.  About 2 weeks later the crate showed up.

Here is my list of modifications.  I have the ControlApproach pedals so that was most of the change.  The hinge pieces are for the wingtip attach mod.  People suggested to put the Oil Cooler Mount on now as the firewall is much more accessable.  I'll be using the Andair fuel valve to be compatable with EFI return-style fuel systems.
I did forget to remove the brake master cylinders (already have Grove ones on the rudder pedals) and the flap actuator (there is a nicer one made by PH Aviation).  Will be returning those back to Vans.

Items to add:
6x: AN822-4D ELBOW 90DEG TUBE-PIPE
1x: VA-186 OIL COOLER MNT RV-10
2x AN257-P4X6'
2x AN257-P3X6'

Items to remove:
2x  TG-1010 L&R RV-10 Heat boxes
1x: BAG 487-1 FUEL VALVE RV-10 ONLY
2x: F-1052 RUDDER PEDAL SET
4x: F-1052B BRAKE SIDE PLATE
2x: F-1052C BRAKE PDL.DBLER.PLATE
1x: WD-1006-L-PC RUDDER PEDAL
1x: WD-1006-R-PC RUDDER PEDAL
1x: F-6115 CENTER BEARING BUSHING
1x: F-8105 BRAKE HOSE 20" 8/10
1x: PT-062x1/4x15' HI PRES BRAKE HOSE
1x: BAG 1377-1 BRASS FITTINGS/INSERT

This sucker is LARGE.  I had to put this in my upper garage as the other one has just a 8' door and it was raining outside.




They stuffed a longeron in the box and it popped open the back panel.  No big damage from that though.


Here's the big fiberglass canopy top.  Lots of work to get this bad boy installed.  The cardboard box has most of the metal in it, while the skins are below sandwiched in between layers of the white foam.




There was a bent skin though.  Of course it was the biggest skin in the whole shipment, F-1076.  I told Vans.  Sterling called me and said to put it on my back rivet plate and hammer it down.  Its not structural, and there are two rows of rivets there to "suck" it down.  Plus since its on the bottom nobody will see it.  I'm good with that as long as it doesn't crack.




Flaps get primed tonight, so they are almost done.  Excited to start phase 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment