Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Belly-up Bandsaw

My bandsaw setup had been working pretty well.  My dad gave me a pretty old 3-wheel Delta that I remember when he got when I was in high school.  I got a good metal blade for it.  It was noisy as hell with that big blade but I cleaned the wheels after every use and seemed to be OK.




That was until the Horizonal Stabilizer attach brackets.  They are 2x2 1/8" angle aluminum.  Got halfway through the first one and the blade snapped in two.  And there were two spots with severe cracks that were ready to go at any minute.

I don't screw around with the wrong tools, its just not worth my time.  So made a trip to Northern Tool in Davenport IA while the kids took their nap and got this beast.



This sucker weighs 200 lbs, and chews thru metal like, well, an industrial bandsaw.  Had a helluva time putting the base on by myself.

Detour over.  Build on!

No comments:

Post a Comment